Sunday, September 24, 2006

Jacquie's First Pregnancy

September 23, 2000

Dear Journal,

I can’t believe it. I mean, I can not seriously believe it.

I’m going to be a mother. Keith is going to flip!

We’ve been trying for a few years now, but somehow it worked.

I believe it was the trip to Uncle Jason’s vineyard that did the trick. Uncle Jas always grew his own grapes and had the best sipping wine on the Mississippi. It has something to do with the grapes, or the ground or the light. Uncle Jas always said his wine was an aphrodisiac. I only had one glass at the time. Wise Uncle Jas sent home a bottle.

I took the EPT test and then made an anxious call to my Gyno Guy. The results are conclusive. I’m........I’m.........my God. I’m pregnant!

No wonder I’ve been so cranky lately. The early morning vomits. The queasiness from certain smells. I LOVE tuna fish. Right now, if I was offered a shit sandwich and a tuna salad sandwich I’d eat the former.

Keith is at work right now. I would call him, but I need to make this announcement special.

I’ll make him his favorite meal. Okay, okay. So I won’t be cooking fish, but I will pay extra attention to something he will like. Maybe liver and onions? That sounds so good right now.

Then after dinner, I will tell him.

I have to tell Mom and Dad! Maybe I can just tell Mom. No, that won’t work. She spills everything to Dad. Then he’ll call Keith. (Probably cuss him out.) “What have you done to my Little Girl?”

I’m too excited. I need to calm down. Put my feet up. Maybe take a nap. I think there is ice-cream in the freezer and OOOOOH...pickles.

Oh dear Journal. I am pregnant. I’m going to have a child!

I wonder if it’s a girl or a boy.

I have to have a name!

I guess it can wait. First things first.

(Written by Roberta Nolte)

1 comment:

anna said...

Hey Jacquie, congratulations!!
a first baby - hmmm, life will be interesting from now on.
Good Story Roberta!!