Monday, September 25, 2006

My Summer Vacation

My Summer Vacation

By Jacquie Wright

My summer vacation was fun. We went to Disneyland. It was hot in the car, and baby Will threw up on me. I didn’t like that very much. But we stopped at a Stuckey’s and Mommy washed my dress and rocked baby Will until he felt better. And since I got throwed up on, Daddy got me a pecan roll all for my own! I was nice, though. I gave a little bit to baby Will. I didn’t have to share it with Jean or Mae or Eddie or Loren because Daddy got them one to share.

When we got to Disneyland, I saw Cinderella’s castle! It was pretty. And I got to ride all the rides. When I rode in the teacups, I threw up. Mommy sighed, but she didn’t get mad at me or anything. I have the best Mommy ever!

And I went on Mr. Toad’s wild ride. It was fun. And we rode on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride too. It was scary. I didn’t like it, and I hid behind Daddy so the pirates wouldn’t see me.

I met Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. They were funny.

When we stayed at the motels, I got to go swimming! I like to go swimming. I wish we had a swimming pool at our house. But only movie stars can afford to have swimming pools at their houses. When I grow up, I want to be a movie star with a big swimming pool.

The End.

(Written by Faith Stencel)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love the fresh innocence in this story. It's one of the things I adore about children, actually, that they seem to see light and hope in everything.

And I'm pleased to see that Jacquie got a great holiday - Disneyland is still one of my favourite places to go. Big kid, me!

I like the detail about Will throwing up, too.

Well done, Faith.

anna said...

Typical 6 year old outlook. lots of throwing up!! hehe
I'm glad you had the best mommy in the world Jacquie!
wonderful post - enjoyed it